Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And we have a name!!!

Hello all,
I am not sure why the blogger wont let me move the pics but anyway here they are! The 1st is a pic of our sweet babys face and the second is his foot.






I must first say that I have no idea why I am still awake! I mean I was tired when I went to bed and just tossed and turned and tossed and turned. So I decided to get up and not stress about not sleeping. Plus Baby boy is wildly tossing in the womb as well. I guess we both have a little insomnia tonight!

So after much prayer and many hours of researching names in books we finally have a name for our sweet baby! Only of all the names we looked at this one was not on the "list" of what we actually chose from books or the internet. During a Bible study we came across the name "Elijah". We liked the ring it had but we weren't sold on it and we werent really sure that name would fit into our family of names. Well, on day 2 of studying "Elijah" in the Bible we both stopped at the same moment and said "This is the name of our son" pretty much at the same time. I was like "whoa, that was a little weird." I asked kevin why he thought that. His response "I just know". Right. I am a woman who needs detail! But he reassured me that after more prayer that the Lord would let me "know" as well.

Day 3 of studying "Elijah", Rylie came in to our bedroom and laid her head on my tummy and said "Night, Night Baby Eli." Eli, what! Kevin smiled and said " I told you." Okay so I still wasnt convinced. But after finishing my study on "Elijah" I was sure in my heart and soul that my son was to be named " Ellijah". Elijah means Jehovah is my God. And the middle name that we actually did choose from a christian baby name book was CADE. Cade means strong defense.

Choosing a name for this baby was more difficult then it was for the girls. Of course our girls have very meaningful names but we knew our son, the next generation of men, had to be strong in his faith and his walk with the LORD! We want for him to be able to say "The Lord is MY God and my salvation and I will not be moved!" Basically, we chose to hear the Lord tell us that our son's name would be Elijah. And once we realized what his full name meant(after looking it up) we "knew", I "knew"! God is so good and we praise Him!

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life will be given over to the Lord. 1 Samuel 1:27-28

We are so excited for this little boy to come into our home. We are so thankful that he is a child of God and we are even more grateful God chose us to be his parents. Each one of our children is a blessing to us and even though many more then the 3 we have on this earth are in heaven, we are blessed to have had them with us the short time that we did. Thank you God for the many blessings your have poured out into our family! AMEN

Have a blessed night,
Jacki

No comments: