Thursday, October 7, 2010

"How He loves US!"

If it seems like I have been absent from our blog, I have. The Lord has brought us into a season of life that has us really thinking about the "earthly things".....people, relationships, personal belongings, behaviors and how much we really grasp how temporary they all are here on this earth. We have been reminded that we are to live for HIM and LIKE Him.

I have been struggling with this concept. There have been and are still "things" in my life and my families lives that are not producing fruit. The Lord has been slowly making me aware of these "things". Its hard to let go of things that you care about so much but in order for my life to bear fruit, it is sadly necessary.

Jesus said in John 15:1-5

I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardner. He cuts off every branch in me the bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit He prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the Word I have spoken to you. Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit if you don't remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches.

We are praying as we are going through this time that everyone can agree with us in prayer that we will "remain in Him" so we can be "fruitful". Not just within our family life but in sharing our lives with people. WE want to be fruitful in our church and in relationships with others and when we see that certain relationships and things in our life are not bearing good fruit we have to allow Father God to prune that area so we can remain in the vine.

There is a song that I have just been in love with since I heard it at church that is AWESOME! If you have ever heard it you know how awesome it is. During this song I always feel the Holy spirit telling me that this pruning is being done because He LOVES ME! Just like I love my kids and would keep them from things that would be bad for them He has been doing the same for me! Oh how He must LOVE me to do this for me!

(See video above for the song)

On another note: The kids all have had croup this week so we have all been laying low. We did enjoy the park with some great friends so hopefully we are all on our way to being healthy!!

Have a blessed day,


No comments: