Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The allergy appt!

Today was Rylies big allergy test doctors appointment! I was suprised to find out that she is not allergic to milk. She has had several reactions to it when she eats. The doctor and I were sure that she was until the "Scratch test" came back NEGATIVE. Come to find out she just has a lot of scar tissue on her lungs from when she was in the NICU and then when she caught RSV. I guess she will suppossedly always have issues with wheezing because of it but we are NOT claiming that for her! It was kinda funny when I said that to the doctor though. His face was priceless! I guess he doesnt hear that stuff often....

Anyway, Kevin and I are praying for a healing of her lungs and that the scar tissue will disapate as she gets older. We know that God is bigger then any diagnosis and way smarter and capable of healing her! Rylie herself is a child that is here after the doctors said it would NEVER happen. Guess what? God had different plans! I love how God does that!

Danielle update: She has been having a few bad days lately but who doesnt have those occasionally. The therapy is working but not as fast as we would have hoped. Thats okay we take any progress that comes our way! I came across a blog yesterday that was talking about
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 :

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I have to say that it touched me. It opened my eyes to a lot of things in our life! I find myself asking why are all of these bad things happening to us?? Why, why, why?? I know I never look at the situation that I am in and say well I know this is a bad thing but what can I learn from it. I simply dont. But after reading this verse and praying about it, I realize that my circumstances shouldnt affect my thankfulness for the things that God teaches me everyday and in every situation. So today I awoke in a better frame of mind and ready to start this day with a clean slate! I am super excited about it too...

Journey with me....it should be fun!

Have a blessed day,
Jacki

No comments: