Saturday, November 8, 2008

Christmas in November???

Is it just me or is it looking like Chirstmas in November??? When I was at the mall today picking up my new camera(replacement for old one that darling 5 year old broke, thank goodness for protection plans!) there was Christmas stuff everywhere! The stores all had Christmas music playing already. They had that playing 2 days before Halloween. I mean people we havent even celebrated Thanksgiving yet! I, for one, like to enjoy the fall and Thanksgiving before I enjoy Christmas! I guess it's not such a bad thing, its just I feel like the stores are just pushing the holidays and there meanings to the way side. I have a lot to be thankful for and I dont want to be side tracked by all of the Christmas stuff. I enjoy Christmas too, but I want to enjoy Thanksgiving as well. Alright, enough of that.

Here's an update on the princess:
Well we made it through another week.Things are getting easier and I think Danielle is adjusting to her meds at a lower dose a lot better. We havent had a meltdown since tuesday afternoon and she attended school 3 days this week. That is a huge accomplishment for her. I cant wait until she will be attending 4 and 5 days all day! She needed to get picked up an hour early on Thursday and Friday but thats okay. She is trying!

Rylie update: I am convienced that Rylie should have been my boy! She is so silly! She is always in to everything! We have had to call poisen control at least 6 times since she turned 1 and that was only 4 months ago! She is starting to talk a lot! She learned her name and Danielle's this week and I think she might be saying "mine" in some funny way! She is still climbing on everything and the whole arching her back when she doesnt get her way thing isnt getting any better either. Dr Stadalsky says its totally normal but man it is scary when she smacks her head on the wood or tile floor! She is getting really tall too. I think they say she is in the 80% for height. She certainly doesnt get that from me! Over all though, she is doing awesome! Doing just what a 16 month old should be!

Kevin and Jacki: We are doing good too! We wish we had a little more alone time to spend with each other and with God but we are grateful for the little time that we do have! Our babies wont be little forever and we realize that we are lucky to have been choosen to parent them. We still have not found a church to attend yet which is making it hard to meet new people in the Summerville area but we feel like right now we should be spending this time with the kids and stablizing Danielle!

Well off to start dinner. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We know that they have been working! Have a blessed weekend!

Much love,
Jacki & Kevin

No comments: