Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rest for the weary! Hallelujah!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
--Matthew 11:28 NIV

This was the verse that the radio station we listen to talked about a few days ago and it sparked some interest for me. I have been incredibly tired as of late and have had zero motivation to do anything. The kids and I haven't done anything outside of this house (except going to Target & grocery shopping) in over a month and I felt like I was doing a diservice to my kids. I having been feeling kinda blue for about a week or so because of this but have zip motivation to fix the problem.

So like I said I heard the this verse on the radio and it struck something in me. So I did exactly what Jesus asked me to do. I came to Him in Prayer and I prayed. That night I fell asleep easily slept most of the (which means so did Rylie) and woke up completely refreshed (which doesnt happen frequently). I chalked it up to just being exhausted, of course we slept, our bodies had no other choice. But then last night the same thing happened. Rylie never sleeps through the night. That girl still gets up 2 times to nurse and let me tell you she puts up a fight if she doesnt get to. I will eventually give in so she doesnt wake the whole family up though. Well this morning I was thinking about what great sleep I have had and realized that certain things in our house are running smoother. That must be why I can rest peacefully. Not because Jesus put me into a deep sleep ( well maybe He did, I dont know) but becasue He helped resolve somethings around here.

A few examples:
1. Kevins job was giving him so much hassle about having to take time off for Danielle's appointments and having to come home if she was raging. Big stressor! Well they have an understanding now and been very supportive about whatever he needs to do to help Danielle.
Praise be to God!
2. Danielle, as you all know had a terrible medication reaction which landed her in the hospital and caused us a huge amount of stress and tears. Now her medication is working. No side effects(except weight gain). No fighting with her to take the medication(which most kids do). No rages!
Praise be to God!
3. I have and still do hate giving Danielle her medication because it has caused me a lot of anxiety. That anxiety has come from my own thinking that I some how failed her as a parent. That I couldnt make her better with just a kiss on the boo-boo. I have also been wondering what God thinks about my parenting and the decsions that we have made regaurding her care. We have seeked Him through it all to lead us to what He wants us to do but we always look back and say "Is that what God wanted us to do or what we wanted to do?" I am sure more often then not we have done what is comfortable for us weather He wanted it or not. Thank goodness that our Father is a forgiving father.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."--Philippians 4:6 NIV
I have been repeating this verse to myself whenever I am feeling anxiety about the medication and that maybe she is just having another side effect. Every little thing that happens to her, every sniffle, cough and sneeze. Every tummy ache and headache. I am always thinking that it has got to be the medicine. I now have a peace this morning that all of these things are NOT the medication!
Praise be to God!
4. Rylie, like I said already, has been sleeping mostly through the night. She has never done that. We believe that since the raging and loud unpredictable behavior from Danielle is ceasing that now Rylie has a peace that allows her to sleep restfully. We know where that peace comes from! Now we have to work on getting her out of our bed! :0)
Praise be to God!

Here are the few that I can think of right off the top of my head. I know after my rest that I can and will be able to serve the Lord today and everyday that I seek Him.

Have a blessed day!
Love,
Jacki

No comments: