Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Family Time!

My, my we are lagging on keeping this blog up! It just seems as if we are so busy all of the time! I wonder if we will ever sit down as a family and have dinner again...

Well once again we have had another wonderful week with Danielle! She is doing better in a lot of areas! The biggest one for us is the raging. It is awful to hear her talk the way she does when she is raging. It's like the evil one is posessing her. Is that possible?? Anyway, now that we are on week 4 of the medication that I dread giving her, she is much better. We have found that we have had a lot more fun in the evening (minus daddy because he is at work). The girls and I have started dancing around the house to the Christian radio station for about 20 minutes every night. It is so amazing to me that Danielle at age 5 knows the words to the songs and for the most part understands what they mean. Rylie has been just wild! She does more running and a little bit of turning around in a circle! She contributes to our laughter and that whats counts!

The other thing we started is talking more about Jesus in a way that is simple for the girls to understand. I love that Danielle attended JICC Preschool because just those 3 precious years have built a foundation for her that I think no diagnosis will shake! I praise God for that! Danielle recently gave Rylie her preschool Bible and told her "Rylie, You have to listen to this book. Its really good!" I laughed. I smiled. Danielle still has a really hard time with sharing anything but because Ms. Shandy did such a wonderful job teaching her the stories from this book she thought Rylie needed to have it so she could learn from it too. That is excellent progress.

Now on to Thanksgiving. It is going to be here before we know it! We are hosting it this year and I couldnt be more excited! I have made invitations and the menu(pretty much) and just being able to spend the holidays with the family is a blessing. The kids have been really excited too! They are going to help as much as they can, which isnt a lot, but its enough for them to learn a lesson about being helpful! I love being a mommy! I cant imagine my life without my kids. I find myself considering going back to work as a nurse because of finances, but after I hear that "mama" from the baby moniter or Danielle telling me that she loves when I come to her school, I cant imagine any job more rewarding! After all, God entrusted these children to me and it is my job as a mommy to raise them up in the Word. No amount of money in the world is worth more than that!

Well I am off to the house work! And hopefully my Bible study for today! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
Have an awesome day,
Jacki

No comments: