Saturday, August 7, 2010

California dreamin....for real!!!


In July we, as in me and 3 kids, flew to California to visit my family whom we havent seem in 2 plus years! Since our first flight was delayed thanks to those lovely southern thunderstorms we sat on the tarmack for about an hour and proceeded to miss our connecting flight in Chicago Ohare airport. When we arrived we found out that the next flight to any airport in California that was close to my mothers house was jam packed! SO we were told we would fly stand by! I was NOT happy with this as again I was flying ALONE with 3 kids who had limited patience.





Thankfully after much pleading with the gate agents they actually booked us on a different airline so we could get out of that airport! However, the next flight was 8 hours away and we had already been up since 4 am eastern time. So I did what any mother would do...I developed a plan that would mimick our at home schedule so I could limit the number of meltdowns we would have in this GINORMOUS airport!! Lunch, nap playtime, snack and then we explored the airport and learned a few things! We ended up have a great time! I have always wanted to go to Chicago and visit I just didnt think I would do in an airport with 3 kids! :)




So, one of the first things we learned was that Chicago Ohare is the worlds busiest airport! Yep. I would have to agree!!!




We then learned that this airport was SOO big it had a childrens museum. So the kids played there for awhile.



Then it was time to get on the plane...all 4 of us shared a row and we slept for awhile.


After we finally got to california and rested for a day we went to dinner at my ALL-TIME FAV Restraunt...The Spaghetti Factory! This is Danielle with her FAV cousin. She wanted to bring her home with us.


More to come on our california trip!

Camping and Gilroy Gardens!!

Much love,
Jacki





No comments: